The countdown to the holidays has begun!
We hope you'll check out the first part of this blog post for more interesting stats and facts about all things mobile marketing and holiday.
The number of adults who redeem coupons via mobile device for either online or offline shopping to rise from 78.69 million to 104.11 million between 2014 and 2016, or from 70.0% to 82.0% of all digital couponers. (Source: eMarketer)
36.5% of marketers will offer mobile coupons in 2014. By 2016, 44.5% of marketers will do so. (Source: eMarketer)
3.0% of the tablet consumer base will use a tablet for coupon redemption, compared to 40.0% of the US smartphone audience who will do so via smartphone. (Source: eMarketer)
75% of mobile shoppers have used a mobile coupon. (Source: Kissmetrics)
Online shopping is officially more of a mobile activity than it is a desktop activity. 44% of retail Internet minutes are spent on mobile phones.
11% of retail Internet minutes are spent on tablets. (Source: Comscore)
70% of mobile searches lead to action on a website within one hour of when the search was conducted. (Source: iAcquire)
Smartphones and tablets will account for $1.6 billion in sales on Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 combined (Source: Adobe)
- Black Friday will be the fastest-growing digital sales day in 2014 at $2.48 billion, a year-over-year increase of 28 percent. (Source: Adobe)
- Cyber Monday's sales forecast calls for $2.6 billion, an increase of 15 percent compared to last year. (Source: Adobe)
- The holidays are a fantastic opportunity to build our SMS opt-in list (think Christmas promos!)
- The Christmas season is also a great time to reward existing customers; make your premium clients feel special and reward them with additional points and/or savings.
- 31.7 percent of the total sales racked up by SMBs in the next 12 months will come from promotions such as discount deals, daily deals, coupons, or similar discount offers, up from 22.9 percent in 2013. (Source: BIA/Kelsey)
- Show your customers/donors some gratitude. After a purchase, why don’t you send them a thank you message, and give them some insider news (say a sneak peek at a new product or promo?)
- Send a limited-time only SMS marketing message on Black Friday.
- The 80:20 rule still applies during the holidays (aim to have just 20% of posts strictly sales related.)
- The average order value for shoppers on iPhones and iPads on Christmas 2013 was $93.94, compared with $48.10 for shoppers on Android smartphones and tablets (Source: IBM)
- 2013 was the biggest Christmas yet for mobile app downloads, with overall app downloads increasing by 11% on Christmas 2013 compared to Christmas 2012. (Source: Flurry by Yahoo)
- App usage overall in the U.S. spiked by 25% on Thanksgiving 2013 compared to the previous Thursday.
- The 2013 holiday season’s growth wasn’t uniform across the country. The midwest (Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska) led the charge with 18% average e-commerce revenue growth over 2012. (source: IBM)